Preventing Scrap and Contamination Costs with Purging Compound
With over 40 years in the plastics industry, our experience has shown time and time again that the following is common for purging compound use or lack there of:
Companies buy commercial purging compounds only when they have a problem occur.
- Comparing the price of the purging compound to the price of resins.
- They Don’t Have or Don’t Follow proper Start up and shut down procedures.
- Who orders and stocks the purging materials for your company. Maybe there is a break in the supply chain.
- How and Why contamination occurs in the first place is not fully understood or prevention is not a priority.
- TRUE scrap costs are not fully understood, material, labor, lost production time, and regrinding to name a few.
- Nearly all contamination and degradation problems take place during idle time.
Plastic Solutions International is dedicated to providing the best and cost effective purging compounds and solutions for the plastic industry!
We can help your company save money and time (which is $$$ too) by reducing your scrap rate ratio.
Take into Consideration the Following Concerns:
- The machine cost and overall time to mold a bad part.
- The cost of employees labor at the machine or secondary inspection.
- The cost of scraping bad parts or grinding and storage.
- The cost of returns and its effect on future sales. Your customer acquisition cost goes up dramatically when you lose an existing customer.
- Purge Right is the most cost effective purging compound on the market today. Bar None, if you know of a more cost effective purge compound please Contact Us and let us know about it.
- Purge Right has an temperature range of 340 F° to 610 F° eliminating the need to have a different purge compound for every resin.
- IF YOU FOLLOW OUR RECOMMENDATIONS FOR START UP AND SHUT DOWN PROCEDURES YOU WILL SEE A REDUCTION IN SCRAP AND A BETTER BOTTOM LINE FOR YOUR COMPANY!