Purging Compound Start Up and Shut Down Procedures for Current Production Runs
- Always follow safety procedures before performing start up or shut down on” ANY” material . It is the machine operator’s responsibility to wear the appropriate protective equipment such as gloves and safety shields.
- Cover the sprue bushing before purging.
- Make sure all nozzle band wires are clear of direction of purge flow before starting.
Start up and Shut Down Procedures:
- Retract injection unit and begin purging your production material out using maximum back pressure.
- Load at least one full shot of Purge Right and drop the back pressure until the screw returns.
- Allow the barrel full of Purge Right to soak for 3-5 minutes before emptying for optimum results.
- Purge the screw forward and add maximum back pressure until barrel is empty.
- Completely shut the machine down and turn off the heats.
- To start back up, turn your power and heats back on.
- Once heats are at production level, load one shot of Purge Right followed by production material and begin purging. You will see a little contamination in the beginning.